Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe
Braydon S., culinary student
Use this fresh tomato salsa recipe to make a delicious snack with tortilla chips, use in Mexican dishes, or have on hand as a tasty condiment.
What you need
12 fresh medium-sized tomatoes
1 red onion, small-diced
1 ½ tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, minced, de-seeded
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper (to taste)
What to do
- Combine red onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Set aside to allow flavors to develop.
- Meanwhile, core and small-dice 6 tomatoes. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Puree the other 6 tomatoes in a food processor, using low speed in spurts with steel blade to avoid foaming. Combine pureed tomatoes with chopped tomatoes.
- Fold in marinated onion-garlic-pepper-vinegar mixture and cilantro to tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For best results, refrigerate salsa overnight.
For a more spicy salsa, use jalapeno pepper seeds and add 1 teaspoon fresh red pepper flakes.
Share your fresh tomato recipes with Tomato Dirt readers ...
Other fresh tomato recipes
Tomato Bruschetta recipe ...
Guacamole recipe with fresh tomatoes ...
8 Layer Dip recipe ...
Tomato Skillet with Fresh Veggies ....
Fried Green Tomato recipe
Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce recipe ...
Homemade Tomato Sauce recipe
Tomato Mozzarella Tidbits ...
Roasted Corn Tomato Salad ...
Other pages about cooking with tomatoes
The tomato sandwich: one way to make a southern classic ...
How to prepare tomatoes to use in cooking ...
Tomato recipe equivalents to use in cooking ...
Return from Fresh Tomato Salsa to Tomato Dirt home