Fresh Tomato Recipe:
Tomato Skillet With Veggies
Fresh vegetables from the home garden combine to make this tomato skillet a delicious side dish or even main course during the summer months.
What you need
1 onion, chopped
2 small zucchini, sliced
3 small yellow squash, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced2 large tomatoes (or 4 medium tomatoes), chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano (optional)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper (to taste)
What to do
Other fresh tomato recipes
- Heat olive oil in an electric skillet to 350º F.
- Saute garlic in olive oil until lightly brown. Add onions and cook until they are slightly soft.
- Add zucchini and squash to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add peppers. Cook about a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and optional fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss vegetables. Sprinkle surface with cheddar cheese. Cover skillet and turn off heat. Allow skillet to sit until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce recipe ...
Homemade Tomato Sauce recipe ...
Fresh tomato salsa recipe ...
Fried Green Tomato recipe ...
Guacamole with fresh tomatoes ...
8 Layer Dip ...
Tomato Mozzarella Tidbits - a great appetizer!
Tomato Bruschetta recipe ...
Roasted Corn Tomato Salad recipe ...
The Tomato Sandwich: one way to make a southern classic ...
Return from Tomato Skillet with Fresh Veggies to Tomato Dirt home
Search This Site
Join us on Facebook
when you sign up for
Tomato Dirt newsletter!