Read our affiliate disclosure here.
by Carol Williams
(Vernon Hills, IL)
What you need
1 frozen pie crust (keep frozen, don’t defrost)
5-6 tomatoes (depending on size), cored, seeded, sliced, and WELL drained. I layer them between paper towels for a couple of hours in the fridge.
¾ cup Parmesan cheese
¾ cup mayo
Optional: 1 minced clove garlic and 1 minced shallot
Crumbled ritz crackers (about ¼ -= ½ cup)
2 Tablespoon butter
Basil (sliced in a chiffonade)
What to do
- Spiral and layer tomatoes in frozen pie shell until full. You can layer in some basil too if you like
- In a bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, mayo, and optional garlic and shallot)
- Spread cheese/mayo combination over the top of the tomatoes
- In a separate bowl, combine butter & crackers to make streusel. Crumble it over the top of the pie
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown
- Once pie has slightly cooled, add basil to top
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Fresh Tomato Recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and Rakuten Advertising affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.