Fried Green Tomato Recipe
Braydon S., culinary student
Try this fried green tomato recipe – a favorite southern side dish.
What you need
6-8 green tomatoes
Panko bread crumbs (available in any grocery store)
Egg-wash (see below)
½ bunch fresh parsley
¾ cup shredded fresh parmesan or pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)
What to do
- Heat canola oil in heavy pan while preparing tomato slices.
- Core green tomatoes, slice into ¼ -½” rounds, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place 6 cups Panko bread crumbs, parsley, and cheese in food processor. Use steel blade to grind until smooth. Set aside.
- Set up a 3-part “breading station” in an assembly-line fashion on your counter. Place in order flour, egg wash, and Panko mixture.
- Dredge 3-4 tomato slices at a time, dipping each separately in flour, followed by egg wash, and finally in Panko mixture.
- Fry slices until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve immediately or place slices on cooling rack.
How to make egg-wash
Whisk 3 eggs with ½ cup water.
Share your fresh tomato recipes with Tomato Dirt readers ...
Other green tomato recipes
Green tomato relish recipe ...
Other fresh tomato recipes
Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe...
Guacamole recipe with fresh tomatoes ...
Tomato Bruschetta Recipe ...
8 Layer Dip recipe ...
Fresh Tomato Spaghetti Sauce recipe ...
Homemade Tomato Sauce recipe
Tomato Mozzarella Tidbits ...
Tomato Skillet with Fresh Veggies ....
The tomato sandwich: one way to make a southern classic ...
Roasted Corn Tomato Salad ...
Other pages about cooking with fresh tomatoes
How to prepare tomatoes to use in cooking ...
Tomato recipe equivalents to use in cooking ...
Return from Fried Green Tomato recipe to Tomato Dirt home
Search This Site
Join us on Facebook
when you sign up for
Tomato Dirt newsletter!